Harrison was established in 1696 by a patent granted by the British government to John Harrison and three others, who had a year earlier bargained with local Native Americans to purchase an area of land above Westchester Path (an old trail that led from Manhattan to Port Chester) and below Rye Lake.
In fact, the land below Westchester Path and along Long Island Sound had already been purchased and partly developed by the settlers of Rye, NY.
The area that became Harrison had also been sold in 1661 or 1662, and again in 1666, to Peter Disbrow, John Budd, and other investors or early residents of Rye.
Disbrow and Budd evidently lost their paperwork and the land was ultimately granted to Harrison and his co-investors in 1696.
Re-elected eight times, he served until 1983 when he resigned to become Commissioner of the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles.
Harrison's "Platinum Mile", a string of corporate office parks along I-287 in the Purchase section of Harrison, developed under Passidomo.
The resolution was for the Town became a hybrid "Town / Village," which it remains today. Passidomo (1921–2005) was first elected Mayor in 1965 by only 67 votes.
Harrison is also known for its large Italian American population.
There were 8,394 households of which 35.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 62.4% were married couples living together, 8.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 26.3% were non-families.
Harrison is a town and village in Westchester County, New York, approximately 22 miles (35 km) northeast of Manhattan, New York City.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town (and coterminous village) has a total area of 17.4 square miles (45 km), or 3.22%, is water. The distance from Harrison Station to Grand Central Terminal in Midtown Manhattan is about 27 miles (43 km).
During the 1830s, David Haviland settled in Harrison where he produced Haviland China which he sold in his store in New York City before returning to his native France.